Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 73

There are days when I wonder why on earth I'm doing this. I must have shot 100 photos around the house tonight, trying to get something I liked -- on the tree, among the presents, with the pets. Nothing pleased me. All I succeeded in doing was making a mess as I rearranged ornaments and lights on the tree, dug out most of my lenses, and all, it seemed for nothing. I needed to take a minute and remember that the whole point of this exercise is to have fun, try to learn something new occasionally, and find beauty in a few simple, every day things. It's not about trying to get a perfect shot every day or comparing what I do to what others do. As long as the shutter opens and closes and I learn something, it's okay. Today I learned that I still love poinsettias--even though, when I was a child and mother still had her floral shop--I wrapped and bowed hundreds of them every year. It isn't Christmas until one is decorating some small corner of the house.

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful.

    ALL of my favorite all time photographers say that they have days that they couldn't buy a good photo, that they still shoot crap.

    Go back and look at my first few months. I really struggled, I still struggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I have to say is I AM RIGHT THERE WITH YOU! I kinda feel like I am in a rut and I keep checking your page so I can get some inspiration. Great photo, even if there were 99 horrible ones before it! Thank the heavens for Digital Photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Thank heavens for digital photography. I don't know how people learned before. The same way, I guess, but it cost a fortune.

    ReplyDelete