Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 60

I remember the first year the star trees were lit--Ron Cowan at the Statesman Journal tried to get a fight going between Willamette and WOU over which university had the tallest trees. I was working at Willamette at the time, and I'm glad to see the star trees are an important part of the downtown Christmas celebration. If you haven't before, stand in the center of the circle of trees and look up. You will see how they got their name. Or wait awhile--I'll probably get around to taking a photo of it. I need to go back with my wide angle lens anyway.


While I was on campus, I decided to try a shot of the Capitol.



And I also promised Don I'd post HIS photo of yesterday's sunrise--just NOT next to my photo of the sunrise. Of course, his was taken much earlier.


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you posted these. I had no idea.

    I don't even remember seeing those trees on campus and I drive by there all the time.

    Are there any other Salem secrets you are hiding from me?

    ReplyDelete