Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 45

I started the day just shooting through the open window of my office at home, because there was some nice light stuff going on in the yard. I really should have gone out there in the snow and communed with the weeds and the light, found a better point of view, set up the tripod, and suffered for my art.



Then this little guy went with me to warm up my lunch, and he seemed to want his photo taken in the snow. It only takes one or two co-workers walking by, laughing at you sitting in the snow and taking pictures of a stuffed bird, to push a photo shoot to a hasty conclusion.


But then I came home to find mushrooms growing in my kitchen. Yes, in my kitchen. Don't ask. I liked them a lot, but I couldn't bear to part with that adorable penguin. I probably should have gotten rid of the through-the-window-weeds-and-light shot, but I wanted to remember that I need to get outside in the morning and stop shooting through the window. I spent the evening shooting the mushrooms, but after the burned pork chops last night, I waited until I was finished to start dinner. The mushrooms went in the compost, not in the dinner. Ew.




4 comments:

  1. So, you're not intentionally growing mushrooms in your kitchen? They are very cool looking mushrooms.

    The penguin is adorable and yes, it is time you ventured outside with the tripod in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, not intentionally growing mushrooms. It was gross. I did shoot a fairly decent photo on my way home--from the car with the window rolled down ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure taking pictures while driving is a little like talking on the cell phone while driving. Are you counting that as a panning shot?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I stop first--pull over and everything. Well, I usually pull over. (hey! ssh! my son and daughter-in-law are in law enforcement and may be reading this!)

    ReplyDelete