Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 20

When I first got to work, I stepped out of the car and took this one. It was still dark, and the the street lights were on.


But it wasn't quite what I wanted. So during the lunch hour, I walked across the street and climbed to the top of the parking structure there. I took a lot of photos with fall colors. I liked this one, because it looks like an impressionist painting.



Then I found a new lens in my mailbox, so I had to run out and try it. This shot is okay--it was a 10 second exposure with my new Canon EF 70-200mm f4L, which actually comes with a CD on how to use it. I probably should watch it before I try again. I like the rose and the thorny, half-dead bush though, so I'll probably go after it again tomorrow in the daylight. Maybe with the macro. (Terri, this shot made me think of you. Can you guess why?)

4 comments:

  1. I used to believe I was the rose, but after today I now know that I am the unapproachable thorns guarding the rose.

    :o)))

    Thank you, you are a true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh please. That would make the bimbette the rose, and I know that ain't true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these pictures! Each one is unique - first for its lines, curves, and light, the second for its abstract color properties, and the third for its symbolizm. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first photo of today. The colors really pulled me in, and the different focal points of light are striking.

    ReplyDelete