Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 13

Yes, I went after the damned geese again. This time I came back vowing to take a rifle the next time I "go shoot geese." Then I went online to B&H Photo, wondering if a better quality telephoto lens would help. Fortunately, since some of those lenses cost more than $8,000, it's the sabbath, and B&H isn't taking any online orders until late tomorrow. That ended my hopes for instant lens gratification. I'm sure I'll feel better by the time the store reopens.

I decided to end the day with flora instead of fauna. It let me get as close as I wanted.




5 comments:

  1. OK, that's it. I'm coming to your house for a field trip. I want to play with the geese.

    I get the pine cone, nice macro but Karen and I standing here wondering what the second pic is.

    I say it is Kip's chewing bone, but that wouldn't be flora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope. It is flora. It's the end of one of the things on the pine cone. Disgusting, isn't it? I'll bet you could get a great shot of those geese with your telephoto lens. Mine is the kit lens that came practically for free with the camera. Now I know why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool! That second photo looks like squirrel bites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is what I liked about it. It looks like the pine cone is bleeding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was the leftover cherry turnover. You need one of those goose blinds, like hunters use, then you could spend the night outside and catch them in the morning before they are totally awake.

    ReplyDelete