Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 11


I spent more than an hour this evening in photo hell. Inspired by The Bog Hare's tale of night photography, I decided to go out after dark and get some dramatic shots of the shop. It was not easy. In any shot that showed detail on the outside of the shop, the interior looked like something had exploded inside; it was that bright. And when you could see details inside the shop, the outside was coal black. I tried manual (on every conceivable setting); I tried several variations of auto; I tried crying. Then I tried PhotoShop Elements and signed up for a night photography class. This photo is still far from what I could see with my eyes, but it's time now for a cup of Calm tea before bed.

4 comments:

  1. I like it! There is a certain element of mystery still in the shadows and what is in the shop. This photo is what our blogs are all about! The opportunity to learn, improve,create. When you look back from day 365 to this day - it will all seem so easy (I HOPE!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melaney - what a treat. I loved them all and look forward to the coming year for a whole new reason. Especially liked the RainGear Man and your poetry that's slipping in every once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you are committed to the daily discipline. It's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete