Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 12

On Being Prepared and Night Photos Part II: Serendipity





As I drove home, I noticed thousands of geese cleaning up the corn left over from the chopping. In fact, it was hard to see the field for all the geese. I ran into the house, put on my boots, and ran back out with my camera. It was starting to get dark, so I was rushing. Forgetting momentarily that haste makes waste, I didn't take time to get my camera bag or my tripod. Big mistake on both counts. The geese offered several opportunities for some nice photos, but with a setting sun, cloudy skies, and flapping wings, I needed a different lens and the tripod. A bit wiser, but sadder, I moved on to Night Photos Part II: Serendipity.


Downhearted after the goose photo fiasco, I began the walk back to the house (it was only about 100 yards, but it felt longer). Just before turning into our driveway, I saw some bicyclists approaching. I wasn't even sure of my camera settings when I raised the camera. I just chose continuous shooting and auto focus and held the shutter down. Like I said: serendipity.

1 comment: