Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 142-Seagull Park (not really)


On Maryland Street in North Portland, about a block from Killingsworth, is a little park where I sometimes walk Henry before I get my hair cut. A lady in the neighborhood (a rather unpopular lady, I might add) feeds seagulls in the park, and this is the second time I've seen her. The first time, just as I was getting out of the car, a hawk swooped in and grabbed one of the seagulls. Very exciting; I skipped Henry's walk.

The reason she is not popular in the neighborhood is because the seagulls like to perch on the roofs of houses across the street from the park. It's like a scene straight out of "The Birds." Apparently, nothing eats through your roof faster than seagull poo. Who knew?





2 comments:

  1. We were on Killingsworth yesterday. We found the best Ethiopian restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were within a few blocks of Faith and Dan's. You shoulda stopped and said Hey!

    ReplyDelete